Five Offerings in Leviticus
- Burnt Offering: Surrender my whole life to the Lord, to hand it over as an offering that "ascends".
- Meal Offering i.e. with no blood involved, but the grain has been crushed in the mill (of humility): All my talents, all that I now am and have while I live, I submit to the Lord.
- Peace Offering: Thanks and worship for his acceptance of us in Christ, for safety and completion, for how everything works together for good for those that love him.
- Sin Offering: For when I don't do what I should, for when I blow it.
- Trespass Offering: For doing the thing I should not, the specific wrong thing that I did.
And Christ is the basis in all our offerings, as John the Baptist said, that he (Christ) must increase, and I must decrease.
Further background: www.biblecentre.org